â€¢ Conference Agenda
â€¢ Photo Gallery
â€¢ 1st Annual Health & Wellness Benefits Conference
On Wednesday, April 24th, 2013, Northeast Business Group on Health is holding its 2nd Annual Health & Wellness Benefits Conference, New Relationships, More Value: Linking Employers + the Delivery System.
With the 2012 election behind us we know PPACA is here to stay. Here is the new normal for healthcare purchasers:
Providers continue to be the primary influencer on health behaviors and health resource utilization. Health reform has sparked new contracting relationships and delivery models. Fortunately, leading edge providers are working hard to meet the challenge, embracing new care models, new technologies, and new strategies to optimize care and its delivery.
Employers and unions will now need to work closely with providers and plans to bend the benefits cost curve and improve the health outcomes of their employees and members. Do you know where your benefits strategy is headed?
This conference will focus on such topics as:
- PPACA’s impact on the delivery system: progress and challenges for healthcare stakeholders.
- Accountable Care Organizations and Patient-Centered Medical Homes – How they work and their value proposition for employers.
- How the change in provider financial incentives impacts employer costs and employee health outcomes.
- Health plan responses to provider transformation and the downstream impact on their provider negotiations and communications with employers.
- Understanding the contracting process between health plans and hospitals and health plans and physicians.
- Encouraging employees to seek providers with the best health outcomes and value.
- How innovative employers are using alternative delivery models of care like retail health clinics and onsite medical clinic to improve employee health.
- Effective use of products like narrow and tiered networks and centers of excellence to bend the benefits cost curve.
- How health plans are driving change in healthcare delivery for the achievement of better outcomes and value.
- And more!
General Sessions include:
Reform, Employers and the Healthcare Delivery System
Moderator: Jeremy Nobel, MD, MPH, Medical Director, Northeast Business Group on Health and Executive Director, NEBGH Solutions & Innovations Center
Keynote Presentation: Robert Galvin, MD, MBA, CEO, Equity Health, The Blackstone Group
Delivery System Reaction:
- Robert Brenner, MD, Chief Medical Officer, Summit Medical Group
- Michael Dowling, President & CEO, North Shore-Long Island Jewish Health System
- Jason Gorevic, CEO, Teladoc
- Peter Hotz, Group Vice President, Walgreens and President, Take Care Health Systems
Health Plans as Leaders in New Delivery Models: A Conversation with the Plans
Moderator: Michael Thompson, Principal, PricewaterhouseCoopers
- Sam Ho, MD, Chief Medical Officer and Executive Vice President, UnitedHealthcare
- Carl King, Head of National Networks and Contracting Services, Aetna
- Alan Muney, MD, MHA, Chief Medical Officer, Cigna
- Douglas Wenners, Senior Vice President, Provider Engagement & Contracting, Wellpoint, Inc.
Delivery System in Transition: Employers Weigh In
Moderator: Laurel Pickering, President & CEO, Northeast Business Group on Health
- Mary Bradley, Director, Healthcare Planning, Pitney Bowes
- Marco Diaz, Vice President, Benefits, North America, Thomson Reuters
- Steve First, Vice President, Global Benefits, Pfizer
- Lynn Kohrs, Manager, Health Benefits and Programs, GE Aviation