Controlling Healthcare Costs: New Frontiers for Employers
Few tools are left in the toolbox when it comes to controlling employer healthcare costs.
Let experts from the law firm Epstein Becker Green and health care consultancy EBG Advisors tell you about the risks and rewards of adopting some of the newest solutions. They know the healthcare industry inside and out!
- What’s going on in Washington D.C. that will affect your benefits strategy
- Why direct contracting is an emerging phenomenon for employers – like it or not
- Which value-based payment bundles make sense and whom to call if you want them
- How to choose the right flavors of primary care innovation for your employee population
Adam C. Solander
Adam C. Solander is a Member of the Firm in the Health Care and Life Sciences practice, in the Washington, DC, office of Epstein Becker Green.
- Represents clients with respect to health regulatory compliance issues and health policy
- Advises health care clients on issues concerning ERISA preemption, obligations of plan fiduciaries and breach of fiduciary duties, prohibited transactions, and denial of benefits
- Interprets and provides counsel on issues related to managed care laws and self-funded plans
- Advises on data breach/cybersecurity issues across industry lines
Mr. Solander is a Certified CSF Practitioner, a designation given by the Health Information Trust Alliance (HITRUST), an organization that provides training to develop and maintain effective security programs for health care and life sciences companies that comply with security laws, regulations, and standards, including HITECH, HIPAA, PCI, JCAHO, CMS, ISO, NIST, and various other federal, state, and business requirements.
In 2016, Mr. Solander received a JD Supra Readers’ Choice Award for his thought leadership on the Affordable Care Act (ACA). He was cited in the top ten of nearly 900 authors writing about the ACA. In 2014, Mr. Solander received a Burton Award for Legal Writing. The award, which is given in association with the Library of Congress, was presented to only 30 authors from entries submitted by the nation's 1,000 largest law firms. The winners were selected by a distinguished panel of judges and law school professors from Harvard Law School, Columbia Law School, and Stanford Law School. Mr. Solander was also selected to the Washington DC Rising Stars list (2016 to 2018) in the area of Health Care.
Prior to joining Epstein Becker Green, Mr. Solander served as Health Policy Counsel at the ERISA Industry Committee in Washington, DC, where he counseled Fortune 500 companies on health care legislation, including ACA, the HITECH Act, ERISA, and the Genetic Information Nondiscrimination Act; analyzed federal and state rulemakings and their potential impact on companies; prepared and submitted comment letters and position statements to the U.S. Department of Health & Human Services and the U.S. Department of Labor; and led committee meetings examining the impact of health care legislation on employee health benefits and related employer obligations.
Mr. Solander also has experience advocating on behalf of health care trade associations and disease-specific patient advocacy groups, to the Congressional and Executive branches.
While attending law school, Mr. Solander was a case note editor of the Penn State International Law Review and served as an extern on Senator Kennedy's HELP Committee health staff.
- Penn State Dickinson School of Law (J.D., 2007)
- West Virginia University (M.A., 2004)
- West Virginia University (B.S., 2002)
- District of Columbia
- American Health Lawyers Association
R. Jeff Brown
R. Jeff Brown is the head of the Payer, Care Networks and Insurance Practice at EBG Advisors. He brings extensive expertise in product innovation, risk pricing and market strategy. In prior leadership roles at a major health plan, he managed a $2 billion portfolio of varied healthcare and insurance P&Ls and led business and product strategy for its provider joint ventures. He has prior experience as a Chief Marketing Officer and management consultant and has done benefits, labor relations and expert witness work with major benefit consultancies.