COVID-19 and RTW: What You Need to Know Now
Are you an employer interested in attending but not a member? Contact Jennifer Fucci.
Join Dr. Mark, Dr. Lindsay Jubelt and experts from Epstein Becker Green for the latest on COVID-19 and return-to-work considerations.
- The latest on how COVID-19 spreads and what it means for workplace safety and protective gear
- Risks and rewards of workplace testing and best practices for contact tracing
- New developments on treatments and vaccines
- Guidance on employer liability and navigating the patchwork of local, state and federal workplace safety guidance
- CARES Act updates
Lindsay Jubelt, MD
Dr. Jubelt is the Chief Medical Officer and Vice President of Operations for Mount Sinai Solutions. Her role involves both her clinical work as a primary care physician and a steadfast pursuit of creating sustainable health solutions for large populations.
Susan Gross Sholinsky
SUSAN GROSS SHOLINSKY is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice, in the New York office of Epstein Becker Green. She counsels clients on a variety of matters, in a practical and straightforward manner, with an eye toward reducing the possibility of employment-related claims.
- Advises employers on all facets of the employment relationship, from pre-employment considerations and hiring to terminations and post-employment restrictions
- Develops and audits employers' policies and procedures to ensure compliance with applicable federal, state, and local law and best practices
- Counsels employers on avoiding disputes over matters stemming from employee discipline, leaves of absence, accommodation requests, and termination of employment (including voluntary and involuntary reductions in force)
- Prepares employment, consulting, separation, and non-compete agreements
- Conducts workplace training seminars for employees, managers, and human resources personnel in a variety of industries
- Performs company-wide audits pertaining to various wage and hour issues, such as appropriate classification of employees as "exempt" or "non-exempt" under the Fair Labor Standards Act and state wage-hour laws
- Counsels multinational companies on the unique labor and employment law issues they face
- Promotes compliance with EEO laws and other statutes governing the workplace
- Represents employers in all aspects of labor and employment law, including discrimination, wrongful discharge, harassment, and employment contract cases
In 2019, Ms. Sholinsky was recommended by The Legal 500 United States in the area of Workplace and Employment Counseling.
Ms. Sholinsky serves as New York Co-Chair of 2020 Women on Boards: National Conversation on Board Diversity (2020WOB), a campaign for the principle that diversity in the boardroom encourages good corporate decisions. She also serves on the adjunct faculty of the Cornell University School of Industrial and Labor Relations, where she teaches courses concerning human resources and the law. Ms. Sholinsky frequently speaks at events and webinars on employment law topics and authors numerous publications on employment law issues.
Within the firm, Ms. Sholinsky serves as:
- Vice Chair of the National Employment, Labor & Workforce Management Steering Committee
- Vice Chair of the Diversity & Professional Development Committee
- A member of the firm’s Finance Committee
- A member of the Executive Committee of the firm's Women's Initiative
Ms. Sholinsky is also comanager and lefty second baseman on the firm's softball team, the EBG Bees.
- Northwestern Pritzker School of Law (J.D., 2000)
- Cornell University (B.S., 1995)
- School of Industrial and Labor Relations
- New Jersey
- New York
- New Jersey State Courts
- New York State Courts
- U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of New York
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York
- National Association of Women Lawyers
- New York City Bar Association, former Labor and Employment Law Committee Member
- New York State Bar Association, Labor and Employment Law Section
Peter A. Steinmeyer
PETER A. STEINMEYER is a Member of the Firm in the Employment, Labor & Workforce Management practice at Epstein Becker Green. Practicing in all aspects of labor and employment law, he co-leads the firm's Trade Secrets & Employee Mobility strategic initiative. He also serves as the Managing Shareholder of the firm's Chicago office.
TZVIA FEIERTAG (pronounced “Svee’a Fire-tag”) is a Member of the Firm in the Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation practice, in the Newark office of Epstein Becker Green. She has worked exclusively in the area of employee benefits for more than 16 years, advising employers of all sizes, including Fortune 500 companies, other public and private companies, and start-ups, on all aspects of ERISA compliance and the day-to-day operation of employee benefit plans.
Dr. Mark Cunningham-Hill
Dr. Cunningham-Hill is an employee health expert known for his ability to create, identify and implement high-quality workplace health programs including prevention and screening, chronic illness interventions, and mental health and wellbeing initiatives. His broad occupational medicine and public health experience encompasses addressing chronic diseases impacting employers, employees and communities within the context of social, cultural and racial determinants of health.
Mark has served as the Medical Director for Northeast Business Group on Health since early 2018. Until 2017, he served as Senior Director, Global Solutions Center and Head of Occupational Medicine at Johnson & Johnson, Inc . At J&J, Mark led a team of experts covering occupational medicine, health and wellness, personal energy management, EAP and mental wellbeing, and work-life effectiveness, and supported regional operational groups delivering health services to 135,000 employees in 120 companies. Prior to seven years at J&J, Mark spent 17 years at GlaxoSmithKline in both London and Philadelphia, including as Head of Global Operations, Employee Health Management.
Mark received his MB ChB, Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery at Manchester University in the UK. He is a Fellow of both the American College of Occupational & Environmental Medicine, and the Faculty of Occupational Medicine, London.