News You Can Use: COVID-19
Check out the latest on the COVID-19 outbreak and what you – and your employees – need to know.
Need to collaborate with other employers about COVID-19? Click here to join our Coronavirus Slack channel to start the conversation.
We are here to support you and your community during this uncertain time. If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
NEBGH Medical Director’s Weekly Monday COVID-19 Update
Hear the latest update on COVID-19 – where we are and what it means.
Dr. Mark Cunningham-Hill will interpret the latest data from the CDC and other health organizations, and how it might affect you and your employees.
Stay ahead of what might be next, and start planning for adjustments you may need to make to current practices and policies.
Each Monday from 1 PM to 1:30 – join us when you can!
Who Can Attend
- Employees with Cancer During COVID-19: Resources to Help
- Coronavirus Guidelines- People Coping with Cancer
- COVID-19 NYC Resources
- Be In the Know about COVID-19
- Health Transformers Offer Their Platforms for Free During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- NJ Chamber- Snap Survey Results
- Harvard Business Review: Special Coverage
- Coronavirus in NYC: What New Yorkers Should Know
- COVID-19 in the Workplace- Resource Center
- Coronavirus Guide for New Jersey Businesses
General Health Information
- Colleagues Become Confidants in the Age of Coronavirus
- What to Put in a COVID-19 Emergency Home-Care Kit
- How to Eat Well and Move More During the Coronavirus Outbreak
- Telemedicine, Once a Hard Sell, Can’t Keep Up With Demand
- Primary Care Practices On Response to COVID-19
- Coronavirus During Pregnancy: What You Need to Know
- Opportunities To Expand Telehealth Use Amid The Coronavirus Pandemic
- Safety, Recognition, Inclusion: How to Address Basic Employee Needs
- COVID-19 virus Can Be Transmitted In Areas With Hot and Humid Climates
- Coronavirus: Don’t Forget About Cyber Hygiene
- Coronavirus in NYC: What New Yorkers Should Know
Employer Regulatory and Policies
- The CARES Act: What Employers Need to Know (Part II): Impact on Certain Retirement and Group Health Plans, and Executive Compensation
- CARES Act Website
- The CARES Act: What Employers Need to Know (Part I)
- Benefits Guidance in the Time of COVID-19: Employer Payroll Tax Relief in the Families First Coronavirus Response Act
- May Employees Take Hardship Distributions Under Their 401(k) Plan? Benefits Guidance in the Time of COVID-19
- Businesses May Have Insurance That Could Lessen the Economic Impact of COVID-19
- Families First Coronavirus Response Act: Employers’ New Paid Family and Sick Leave Obligations Take Effect by April 2
- Department of Labor Issues OSHA, Wage/Hour, and FMLA Guidance Addressing COVID-19
- U.S. House of Representatives Passes Sweeping COVID-19 Emergency Aid Bill That Guarantees Paid Sick Time and Family Leave for Certain Affected Workers
- Coronavirus and Work-from-Home Policies, HIPAA and Coronavirus, Arbitration Agreements
- IRS Issues Guidance on HDHPs and Coronavirus
- Crucial Issues to Consider When Evaluating Your Company’s Business Travel Insurance Program
- IRS Allows Cost-Sharing Exemption for COVID-19 Screening, Testing, and Vaccination
- The Treatment and Testing of Coronavirus under HDHP Coverage
- Coronavirus is Taking a Toll On Workers Mental Health Across America
- Resources to Address Emerging Social Needs
- Mental Health Hotlines and Websites: Because COVID-19 Just Makes Things Worse
- Personalized Tele-Mental Health Services
- Coronavirus Online Therapy Mental Health App Teletherapy
- Companies are Making Mental-Health Care Fast and Accessible
- How Isolation Can Affect Physical and Mental Health
- How to Survive Isolation With Your Roommates, Your Partner, Your Kids and Yourself.
- Coronavirus and Mental Health
- Coronavirus Pandemic Puts the Spotlight on Mental Health Resources
- Slow Down to Make Better Decisions in a Crisis
- Tips to Keep Emotions in Check in Response to Coronavirus
- The Stress—and Stress Relief—of the Gym During Coronavirus
- How Canceled Events and Self-Quarantines Save Lives, In One Chart
Working from Home
- 10 Tips for Eating Healthy When You’re Working From Home
- Remote Work: 7 Ways to Help Employees Adjust to the New Normal’s New Workplace
- I’ve Worked From Home for 22 Years. Here’s What I’ve Learned.
- 11 Things to Do Without Leaving Home
- The First Rule of Co-Working With Your Spouse: Don’t Yell Out for Toilet Paper
- Working at Home With Kids During COVID-19 Crisis With Kids Underfoot
- How to Work From Home With Kids
- What the Boss Can—and Can’t—Make You Do
- How to Work From Home: A Checklist of the Essentials
- How to Run a Virtual Meeting
Parenting and Caregiving
Working from Home: 8 Tips for Better Posture
Jon Cinkay, a physical therapist and coordinator for body mechanics at Hospital for Special Surgery (HSS), has some important tips for keeping proper posture and preventing injury and strain.
3/25/2020 COVID-19 Employer Meeting- Slides
Here is the Powerpoint from the Employer Only COVID-19 meeting on 3/24/2020!
3/11/2020 COVID-19 Webinar- Slides
Interested in seeing the slides from our 3/11/2020 webinar on COVID-19. Here they are!
Mental Health Considerations during COVID-19 Outbreak
WHO and public health authorities around the world are taking action to contain the COVID-19 outbreak. However, this time of crisis is generating stress in the population. These mental health considerations were developed by the Mental Health Department as support for mental and psychological well-being during COVID-19 outbreak.
4/6 Medical Director's Weekly Update
3/30 Medical Director’s Weekly Update
The Latest on COVID-19 (“the coronavirus”): What You Need to Know
NEBGH hosted a webinar on 3/11/2020. Watch to see what experts had to say about COVID-19.